Heather Blazer PDF Pattern, Friday Pattern Co
The Heather, by the super talented and creative Friday Pattern Co, is an unstructured, modern blazer. This comfortable and stylish jacket has a slightly oversized fit and can be worn in all seasons. It is the perfect editorial layering piece. This pattern is designed to be approachable for the beginner sewist. If you have always wanted to dip your toe into making outerwear but have felt intimidated, this is a great place to start!
- Purchase includes sizes XS/0 - 7X/32 (32”/81cm -60”/152cm chest).
- XS-XXL were drafted using sample measurements for a B/C cup. 1X-7X were drafted using sample measurements for a C/D cup.
- Confident beginner - intermediate level sewing.
- PDF pattern includes: instructions, A0 copy shop file (3 pages for XS-XXL, 4 pages for 1X-7X), and print at home pattern size for A4 and letter (46 pages for sizes XS-XXL, 62 pages for 1X-7X).
- Printed pattern includes: instruction booklet and pattern in all sizes printed on white tissue paper.
- Designed for woven fabrics.
- Two piece sleeve
- Fully lined
- (1) 3/4-1" sized button
- Marking tool
- Matching thread
- Hand sewing needle
The Heather Blazer is designed for woven fabrics. The easy silhouette of the Heather makes it look great in a variety of fabrics.
MAIN FABRIC: Any woven fabric with a bit of weight to it is great: Linen, suiting, twill, denim, canvas. Avoid fabrics that can't take a press since there is a fair amount of fusible interfacing involved in this project.
LINING FABRIC: Typically you want to line your jackets with something that will easily slide on and off over other fabrics. Anything a little bit slippery would work. Rayon, silk, a cotton with a tight weave.
WOVEN INTERFACING: You want the type that looks like fabric (not the papery kind) and is fusible. The papery kind will work in a pinch but it is worth investing in the woven stuff as it will really give your blazer a nicer feel.
KNIT INTERFACING: This interfacing also looks like fabric but has stretch, it will reinforce the collar and lapel without making them too stiff!
This is an automatic download that you will receive in your inbox after purchase.
If you would like to have the pattern pieces printed on large format paper for you, please add this listing to your cart, then go to the link below to add PDF printing to your cart as well.
The AO file for this pattern in sizes XS- XXL is 3 pages and in sizes 3X-7X is 4 pages, so be sure to add 3 or 4 of the PDF printing to your cart.